Re: Jaya & Vijaya

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 25, 1998

"Balaraman M Sriram"  wrote:
> Dear Sri Vaishnavas,
>
> adiyen has a question for the erudite members. If there is no falling
> down from "Vaikunta", how come Jaya & Vijaya fell down from there and
> became demons ?

As Sri Ananta Padmanabhan pointed out in a recent post,
the vaikuNTha visited by the maharishis and guarded
by the jaya and vijaya who were then cursed is "kArya
vaikuNTha", which looks similar to the manifestation
of parama-pada, but is in the material realm.

There truly is no return from the highest abode of Vishnu.
As the Chhandogya Upanishad emphatically states, "na ca punar
Avartate, na ca punar Avartate" (there is no return; there
is no return).

> Pardon me , if this question is  stupid.

Of course not!

Mani