Re: isn't there one to vote for ahObilam?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 14, 1998

Dear Bhagavathas,

      While we are enjoying the postings on greatness of each
divya desam, the Azwar's words "Angu appozude" while singing
Singapiran perumai,from Shri Ramesh Sarangapani's post took
my memory a couple of months back where Tridandi Jeeyar Swamy
was giving excellent discourses in Denver and few experts on
the above words are as follows:

      As Hiraniyan was getting ready to break the pillar, he wanted
one final confirmation from Prahaladan. Is your Narayanan present in
this pillar?  Yes, father.  Not only this pillar, he is present
everywhere and every time says Prahaladan.  Are you sure?  Yes father,
please go ahead and check it out. "Bang" goes Hiraniyan and our Lord
appears.  This is where the Azwar's words "Angu appozude" comes into
play.  He could have simply sang "avan viya thondriya en singapiran
perumai" instead he added "Angu appozude" so as to mean something.
What is he trying to convey ?  Consider this: When Hiraniyan hit the
pillar at a particular spot and out Lord came out from some other
spot, then Hiraniyan, who was looking for some loopholes in the words
of Prahaladan, would claim that your Narayana is not present at the
spot I hit and so your claim as to "He is present everywhere" is false.
To convey this, our Azwar added the words "Angu"(at that spot).
Similar claim could also be made by Hiraniyan, as regards the time,
if our Lord appeared after few seconds of Hiraniyan's hitting the
pillar. Hence the words "appozude"(at that time)was used. Now, if we
read "Angu appozude avan viya thondriya en singapiran perumai" (adiyEn's
rough translation "The glory of Lord Narasimhan who appeared then and
there to destroy Hiraniyan")the first two words does mean something
special about Singapiran's avataram.

      Any shortcoming in the expert belongs to me and all the
appreciation goes to the Acharya.

adiyEn,

c.s. ramesh
Colorado Springs.