Re: documentation

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 10, 1998

>From bhakti-errors@lists.best.com Mon Aug 10 11:12:11 1998
>From: "Bhagyalaxmi Murali"
>Subject: documentation
>Date: Sun, 09 Aug 1998 16:05:52 PDT
>BestServHost: lists.best.com
>Sender: bhakti-errors@lists.best.com
>To: bhakti@lists.best.com
>
>hello.  I know that we don't eat onions and garlic and stuff like that,
>but when I tell that to others they ask why.  I tell them the reason
>why, but they ask where does it say that?  I don't know where exactly
it
>mentions that we are not supposed to eat onions and garlic.  So if
>someone can please give more info on this topic it  would be really
>nice.  thanks.
>

>sincerely,
>Bhagyalaxmi Murali

Dear friends,
Time and again, someone or other is raising this question on Bhakti list
and elsewhere. I would like to draw their attention to "Ahaara Niyamam"
of Swami Desikan where a long list is given of items that can be
consumed, items that cannot be consumed and items that can be consumed
with certain restrictions.

If any one is not able to locate, I would advise them to go through my
Chapter "Trigunas and the Dietary regimen" in my book 'Hinduism
Rediscovered" .
Dasoham
Anbil Ramaswamy