Re: Fwd: Commentaries on hymns

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 20, 2002

SrI:

Dear SrI Sarangan:

Thanks very much for your transmisison of the review of recent
releases from PoundarIkapuram Aasramam by SrI V.N. Gopala Desikan
of Oppiliappan Koil.

During my recent trip to India , I acquired the copies of
each of these releases from HH SrI PoundarIkapuram Andavan at
SrIrangam.

Among these treasures , the 697 paged monograph on the commentaries
of the 1008 Naamams of Swamy Desikan by the great scholar ,
Dr.V.VasudEvAcchAr Swamy of NaavalpAkkam moves me immensely.

This sahasranAma BhAshyam is a distillation of the essence of
the Bhagavavth RaamAnuja SiddhAntham as it came the way of
Swamy Naatha Muni, Swamy AlavanthAr , AchArya RaamAnujA and
captured and embellished by Swamy Desikan.

Extraordinary insights into SrI VaishNava SiddhAntham
are housed under the different naamAs .

As a part of the kainkaryam to the SrI VaishNava Community,
adiyEn will start translating the 1008 NaamAs as celebrated in
this rare monograph, which is timeless.

The coverage includes the highlights of Satha DhUshaNi,
Taathparya Chandirikai (GeethA BhAshyam ),Tatthva Muktha Kalaapam
( Summary of our SiddhAntham ), NikshEpa RakshA (Establishment of
Prapatthi as The UpAyam ), Saccharithra RakshA
( The three aachArams of SrI vishNavAs : Sankhu-chakra dhAraNam ,
Adornig of ThirumaNN and offering of food for the Lord
(Bhagavath Nivedhanam) , PaancharAthra rakshA ,
Gadhya thraya BhAshyam , ChathusslOki BhAshyam ,
Sankalpa SooryOdhayam and SrImath Rahasya Thraya Saaram
and excerpts from ChillaRai Rahasyams.

AdiyEn has prayed at Swamy Desikan's sannidhis at
ThUppul and ThiruvahIndhrapuram to bless me with
the energy and insight to translate this magnum opus
of the commentary on Thirukkudanthai Desikan's
Swamy Desika Sahasra Naamams by Dr. V.VasudevacchAr Swamy
for the benefit of those , who want to delve deeper in to
this treasure house of rogorously extablished SrI VaishNava SiddhAntham
by one of the greatest AchArya PurushAs.

These postings will appear in Oppiliappan Net and SaranAgathi
List as well as in other nets , where the moderators wish to have it
released.

adiyEn will commence this series on SrI HayagrIva Jayanthi
( Tomorrow, Aug 21 ) .

SrImathE RaamAnujAya nama:
SrImath Azhagiya Singar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
adiyEn, Oppiliappan KOil VaradAchAri Sadagopan