Re: brahman's pervasiveness in ugly matter

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 17, 2002

Hi ppl
The moderator used to pull me up every now and then whenever i used
to ask a question saying that this group was too highly philospohical
etc to be asking the kind of questions which i asked - now, i really
wonder if he's asleep. Anyway - Mr. Ram - animal faeces - its not all
that ugly as u think -i've seen many ppl sprinkling the urine of cows
on their head - its so sacred .. and the stools of cows are very
useful - they are a natural disinfectant - they are used to clean the
floor after ppl have had their meals -( this was when ppl used to eat
siting on the floor -don't try this at home though )- and hey -
cowshit smells decent - better than any other thing of its kind.I've
been talking too much abt cows. animal faeces - over a period of time
decomposes - and turns into manure ! which provides with all the
nutrition that plants need to grow ! and these plants provide us with
fruits - which we consume - so in the larger sense - we're thankful
to them. Coz we are in a way eating what they refuse !! I may not be
answering ur question - i just wanted to say that they aren't ugly
and stinky and despicable as u mentioned- they're just part of
nature - if living beings coudn't discard the unwanted things that
they consumed - then they would lead sick lives !