RE: Sr.S.M.S Cahri's visit to East Coast during Aadi Pooram (Aug 10-11 week end

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 1, 2002

Namaskaram,

I guess we have met at your residence in Pittsburgh.  I have read this book
from SK Bhavani. SMS chari is also aware of this book. I would like you to
read the book from SMS chari. I personally feel that SMS chari's level of
dealing is more comparable to BNK Sharma's level of works rather than the
work from SK Bhavani, who is no doubt a good scholar and son of BNK Sharma.
SK Bhavani has included views from modern writers such as freedom fighters
etc.  SMS chari's book's structure and thought is very different. I know
that when you compare works from different systems of thought some bias from
my side or anyother person's side is unavoidable as I dont think that there
is any true living scholar who has the complete knowledge of Acharyas:
Samkara, Ramanuja & Madhva put together. Any comparitive scholar needs such
a deep understanding to compare these works and it is humanly impossible to
find such a person to my knowledge.

However, if you see the background of SMS chari - who has aleady completed
his first 2 books on a similar subject: comparitive assessment of bhasyas of
Samkara Ramanuja and Madhva on Upanisads and Bramha sutras, this third book
in that series, on bhagavadgita clearly shows the superior depth of
perception of the subject. the first two books are available in motilal
banarsidas and munshiram manoharlal das.  you can also go to www.amazon.com
and search for S.M. Srinivasachari and find his books. I hope the spelling
of srinivasachari is right.

In fact Prof KT Pandurangi, probably is writing a preface to this book I
guess.

This book will not be published earlier than 6 months from now and will take
about a year to hit the market, if things go well. I just read the
manuscript and I have reviewed portions of it. Eventhough, I am quite an
ignorant person, since, SMS chari considers me as a student of Bhagawadgita
for several years, he allowed me to review his book.  He will release this
book shortly. He is still finalizing the drafts. He has talked to several
madhva scholars on this subject and in fact wants to talk to more strong
Madhva scholars before he finalizes his drafts.

namaskara,  I still remember the sahasranama puja at your home.

Krishna