Re: gyAtRtva, kaRtRva and bhOktRtva

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 2, 2002

Shree Rushikesa

Pranaams and thanks for your mail.  I am taking the liberty to post your private mail to the list
itself since this is important concern to all members of the list. You are right - we need a
simple and brief description of each vedic system of philosophy in lay man terms.  Shree Mani has
done recently to some extent in this Bhakti list.  There is an adviata home page by Shree
Vidyashankar which presents the essence of advaita.  I am not sure if there is an equivalent page
on Vishisshtaadviata. I will try to consult Shree Krishna and/or Mani to see if the philosophy can
be explained objectively in simple terms for those who want to learn more. There should be one
generic home page from which those who are interested can diverge. It is good if Vidya and Mani
perhaps Shirisha Rao can join and come up with one common home page for aastika philosophies.

Hari OM!
Sadananda

--- Rushikesa Madhava  wrote:

> Dear Sadananda,
> Fond Greetings,
> Can you please list the differences between Advaita, Dvaita
> and Visista Advaita in simple lay-man terms? I have tried
> going through the famous books , but they assume the reader.
> Thanks a lot.
> Hare Ramanuja Hare Ramanuja Ramanuja Ramanuja Hare Hare!
> Rushikesa

=====
What you have is His gift to you and what you do with what you have is your gift to Him - Swami Chinmayananda.

http://health.yahoo.com