Re: Any Answer

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 22, 2001

Dear Ramesh,

There are 3 important temples of Sri Ranganatha
perumAL. As the river Kaveri flows, she keeps forking
her flow making 3 islands, and each of the islands has
a ranganatha perumALtemple. Starting from Shivana
samudra (Bluf) being Adi ranga, the Lord here has a
baby face, he looks much younger than the other two
thirumurnthy and Srirangapatana being madhya ranga and
finally she flows to Srirangam in TN again making
another island  (antha ranga.)
members who are better informed requested to clarify.
I think the Temple at Srirangapatana was much earlier
to Tipu. To give credit to where credit is due, the
temple of Lord Sriranganatha is said to have been
built by the Chieftain Thirumalaiah in 894 AD. TippuÂ’s
period was in 18th century.

Adeyen Sri Ranganatha dasan Srivatsa