RE: Digest Number 403

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 19, 2001

Sri RAmajayam
SrimathE GopAla DEsika MahA DEsikAya Namaha

Dear Sri.Vasu Venkat,
                     Further to SatAkOpan Maama's list, an important Divya DEsam, "Sarangapani Koil" in Thirukudanthai Divya DEsam(where Sri Nathamunigal got Naalayiram from Swamy Nammazhvaar) is indeed a "Ramar temple".   Several Azhvaars have sung in praise of this Divya DEsam, and notably Thirumangai Azhvaar has sung, worked for this temple(including providing the Thiru ThEr(chariot) to Chakravarthy Thirumagan which is still in use today).   AdiyEn am sure there are more Divya DEsam, such as Thirupullani(near Ramanathapuram)has Darba Sayana PerumAl(Lord RAma sleeping on Darba Grass, before crossing the ocean to Sri Lanka).

AdiyEn Sri RAmAnuja DAsan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi

Message: 2
   Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:45:54 -0400 (EDT)
   From: Sadagopan
Subject: Re: Thiruvadi

At 10:16 PM 8/16/01 +0530, you wrote:

>Why are there no significant Ramar temples in the 108 divya
desams(particularly >in south India) In popular divya desams, ramar
Sannidhis only seems like a >later addition, is this only my impertinant
thought or is there any >significance behind this.
>I will be greatful if my confusion is cleared by you.
>Adiyen

Dear Sri Vasu Venkat:

There are many "Raamar Temples" among Dhivya Desams .
For instance , AyOdha , PuLLambhUtham Kudi, ThiruveLLiyankudi,
ThiruveLLUr and Srirangam ( Uthsavar) , Thirupputtkkuzhi
are some of the 108 dhivya dEsams with Sri Ramachandran
as the presiding deity.

There are Sri Raamar Sannidhis at other dhivya dEsams like
ThirukkAzhicchIrAMa ViNNagaram , ThiruvahIndhrapuram ,
Oppiliappan Sannidhi  among dhivya desam .

This is just for starters. AzhwArs have enjoyed the Lords
of many dhivya dEsams as Sri Ramachandran and sung about
their aanandhAnubhavams.

Sri Ramachandra ParabrahmaNE Nama:
V.Sadagopan