Re: MangaaLya Stavam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 14, 2001

Dear Sri Mani and others,

I believe that it is all in the attitude. Even
after one has performed Saranagati, one cannot
rest; instead one's duties continue on. Rather
than going into a long discussion on what I mean
by attitude, adiyEn will pose two positions.

1) I pray to the Lord to provide me with wealth
and other mangaLams, not for my own betterment,
but so that I may serve Him better; for example,
I can donate more to His temples and serve more
of His devotees.

2) I will not pray to Him for anything, as I know
He will provide me with what I need to do, and if
He provides with me such wealth then I will spend
even more on Him and His kainkaryam.

Which of these two positions is appropriate? Or,
is one position to be considered superior to the
other.

In this context, the anecdotes that have been
posted in these groups in the past, of Sri Parasara
Bhattar's life and his behaviour are important
lessons for us.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan
TCA Venkatesan

--- Mani Varadarajan