Re: Alwar Stotram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 8, 2001

Dear Sri Venkatesh

As far as I know the paasurams that I had mentioned ib my earlier
email are the ones that parise all the alwars.

It is possible that you are looking for the Vaazhi thirunaamam and
Iyal ChaRRu that is recited at the end of the thiruvaaraadhanam. The
Iyalk ChaaRRu starts with Thiruppallandu followed by some praises for
certain acharyas and ends with the vazhi thirunammam for either Sri
Manavaala Maamuni (Thenkalai) or Swami Desikar (for Vadakalai).

There is AazhwaarkaL Vaazhi Thirunaamam and AachaaryarkaL Vaazhi
thirunaamam. you can find them at

http://www.srivaishnava.org/sva.htm

You will find these at the bottom of the page.

(for Thenkalai Iyal ChaaRRu please check the page for Sri Manavaala
Maamuni from the TOC on the left of the page).

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Venkatesh Elayavalli
http://www.srivaishnava.org

--- In bhakti-list@y..., Venkatesh Vankipuram  wrote:
> Hello Bhagavathas,
> I had earlier posted a query on where to find Alwar
> Stotrams online. I am actually looking for a stotra
> which my father used to recite in India.
> One stanza goes off like
> "Pallandu Pallandu Palaayirathu Aandu ,
> Pala Kodi Noorayiram "
>
> and then praises all the alwars. The language is
> flowing, chaste tamil and very beautiful
> I hope some one can help me in locating it online.
> i tried looking at many Sri Vaishnavaite Sites but am
> unable to locate the exact Stotram.
> Thanking you all blessed souls,
> Venkatesh Vankipuram

Messenger