Re: Sitadevi

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 23, 1999

Dear Sri Gerald Surya,

Thank you very much for information regarding the Sita Website. I was
delighted to visit it on this auspicious day.

May I also bring your attention to the wonderful book "Sitayana : Epic
of the Earth Born" by Prof. K.R. Srinivasa Iyengar which re-tells
Ramayana as quintessentially Sita's story in a full-length verse
narrative in English.

In Maharishi VAlmIkI's own words, Ramayana is known as the noble story
of Sita "SItAyAh Charitam Mahat"

Regards,

Bhuvana

>From: mrgerald@aol.com
>To: bhakti@lists.best.com
>Subject: Sitadevi
>Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:47:57 -0400
>
>Dear devotees
>
>This year, Sita-navami, the appearance day of Sita Devi,  falls on
the 23rd
>of April.
>
>Her glories are sun by the poet-saint Thyagaraja in his "Sri
Janakatayane"

>Oh daughter of Janaka, the blessed souls of refugees!  Oh Consort of
Sri
>Raghu Rama, bedecked with shining gem-ornaments! Pray, protect me
always! You
>are the wind that destroys the clouds of demons like the
hundres-headed
>Ravana; You are the indweller in the hearts of the devotees; Your
Feet shine