Re: question

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 2, 1999

Dear Sri Rangarajan :
A quick answer to one of your questions
on Achaaryaas , who were Brahmachaaris :
Adhi VaNN SatakOpa YathIndhra MahA Desikan ,
PiLLai LokaachAr and his brother .
These were niashtika BrahmachAris .

Our marriage samskaaram is rooted in the VedAs
( Rg Vedam : Canto X ) and is one of the four Aasramams
sanctioned by Sruthis and smruthis like
Sri Bhagavadh Gitaa . Elaboration of
the Vedic marriage ceremonies , the importance
of GruhasthAsramam as one of the four
aasramams are covered in the earlier postings
housed in the Bahkthi archives .You may wish to
refer to them for more details .
V.Sadagopan