Doubtful episode

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 26, 1996

Sri. K. Srinivasan wrote:
>I think the episode you mentioned appears in the movie of
>Sri Sankara and not Sri Ramanuja.

Actually two versions of this incident is mentioned by Pi. Sri.
In the second version, the "harijan" lady actualy replies "on
the right is the spot where Lord Sriman Narayana instructed
Thirumandhiram to Thirumanagi Azhvaar; on the left is the
temple of perumaaL; where am I to move?"  Both version end
with Sri Ramanuja apologizing to the lady and she joining
Sri Ramanuja's entrouge.  Pi. Sri. also mentions that a
shape depicting this lady can be found next to the Lord
in the temple, presumably Thiruvaali/Thirunagari temple.

The source given for this information is C.R. Srinivaasa
Iyengar's "Sri Raamaanujachaaryaavin vaazhkkaiyum upadhEsangaLum,"
page 172.  I do not have a copy of this book.

-- Dileepan