Re: Digest Number 882 - Kalki

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 21, 2003

--- bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com wrote:

> Message: 1
>    Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 07:22:23 -0000
>    From: "Malolan Cadambi"
> Subject: Re: kalki
>
> Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
>
> >My
> > question is about that when kalki would come to
> this earth and he >
> is
> > one of the avataras of lord vishnu but i not found
> even a single
> > temple plz give about full details of kalki
> avatara.
>
> No. The Kalki Avataram will not take place in our
> lifetime. The
> present Kali yuga began in the year 3102 BCE and the
> Kalki Avataram
> is scheduled to appear only about 432,000 years from
> the start of the
> Kali Yuga.
>
> The Dasa Avataram Sannidhi at Srirangam in Tamil
> Nadu is a good
> example of a "temple" for Kalki Avataram. There was
> an excellent post
> by Sri Thirumanjanam SundarRajan a few days back.
>
> Regards,
>
> Malolan Cadambi

Yes, Kalki avatar will appear at the end of kali yuga
(about 427,000 year from now). Information about
appearance of Lord Kalki can be found in the 12th
Canto of Srimad Bhagavatam.

Some of the informations I have pasted below. For
details click the following url

http://www.webcom.com/ara/col/books/CLAS/bhag/12_2.html

It is interesting to note that some of the predictions
made in Bhagavatam 5000 years ago about how the age of
kali will progress.

Regards
Bala.

As the age of Kali progresses, all good qualities of
men diminish and all impure qualities increase.
Atheistic systems of so-called religion become
predominant, replacing the codes of Vedic law. The
kings become just like highway bandits, the people in
general become dedicated to low occupations, and all
the social classes become just like sudras. All cows
become like goats, all spiritual hermitages become
like materialistic homes, and family ties extend no
further than the immediate relationship of marriage.

When the age of Kali has almost ended, the Supreme
Personality of Godhead will incarnate. He will appear
in the village Sambhala, in the home of the exalted
brahmana Visnuyasa, and will take the name Kalki. He
will mount His horse Devadatta and, taking His sword
in hand, will roam about the earth killing millions of
bandits in the guise of kings. Then the signs of the
next Satya-yuga will begin to appear. When the moon,
sun and the planet Brhaspati enter simultaneously into
one constellation and conjoin in the lunar mansion
Pusya, Satya-yuga will begin. In the order of Satya,
Treta, Dvapara and Kali, the cycle of four ages
rotates in the society of living entities in this
universe

=====

Balakrishnan A/L Muniapan

Mobile: 6-016-4838038