RE: A Deceptive Demeanour

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 16, 2003

Sri Krishnaya Namah!

Dear Swamiji!

This article made me think about Lord Anjaneya too, as my knowledge is just
evolving and that I read this interesting piece of information on Bharatha
first time.

Lord Anjaneya too fit the bill as an exemplary devotee going by his very
body language - who always seen bending in front of the Lord with clupped
hands.   Lord himself always relied on this devotee who an set example for
humility, saranagathi and unwavering focus and attention on the Lord.  I
was given to understand that when the likes of Garuda, Bhima etc., were get
boastful of their strengths, it was Hanuman whom the Lord relied on setting
an example by thwarting their ahamkaram be it in Threthayuga or
Dwaparayuga.

Net net, this is not to undermine any devotees (ofcourse I can't think of
doing the same) but just my outpour on Lord Anjaneya who as we all know has
been one of the starking example of a devotee with a humility (so many
instances are there in Ramayana where this was shown) and knowledge that is
inexplicable and hence, we have now more of Hanuman temples than Lord
Rama's.

My humble pranams!

Sukumar

Sri Krishnaparabrahmane Namah!