Re: Vamana Avatharam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 9, 2003

Dear Sri Srinivasan,

Sri Vamana was born to Aditi(mother of Devas) who also bore Indira.
She prayed in her previous birth to Lord, that he be born to her as a son.
Please refer Sri Vishnu Puranam or Sri Bhagavatha Maha puranam on
additional details.

Thanks
Regards
KM Narayanan

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Srinivasan Balaji adiyen03@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
To: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Vamana Avatharam

||Srimathe Ramanujaaya Nama: ||
Thanks for the information. It is a news to me that Vishnu Puranam and
Srimad Bhagavatham does not mention about Lord putting his thiruvadi on
Mahabali. Then how did the other story propagate? Can someone clarify?
Further I need one clarification about UPENDRA. If we look at Narayana
Sooktham Lord is mentioned as INDRA ( " SaBrahma sa Shiva Sa Indra Sokshara
Parama Swaraat"). Does this mean he is Brother of himself?
I would highly appreciate if someone clarifies me on these.
Adiyen
Aravamudha Dhaasan

http://mail2web.com/ .