RE: Vamana Avatharam

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 6, 2003

Sri Krishnaya Namah!

A clarification for this through my limited knowledge from reading puranas
is as below:

When He starts growing tall,  he conquers the whole galaxy thus, when he is
measuring the planet earth He keeps His divyapadam several thousand feets
above the circumference of earth, taking care of His jeevas not to get
destroyed under His divyapadam.  He must have did this being not on earth
but being on space, allowing Himself for better positioning.  This is like
a marble underneath our feet.  Though He did like this, somehow His
divyapadam touches the edge of the Himalayas, thus blood(Ganga) gushes out
of His Padam and Lord Brahma collects the same in His Kamandalam, lest the
planet earth will be immersed in it.  This is how Ganga born and lived in
Brahmaloka till she gets on the Jata of Lord Shiva.

This same vigraham of Lord measures the Sky also, after wards, He must have
got adequate posture and position to Push Bali into Pathala.  This very
avataram (also called as Trivikram) and the way He had positioned Himself
 is beyond the knowledge of jeevas, though this may be  defined to some
extent in puranas.  He can take any shape & size, within mili seconds to do
what He wanted to do and His deeds are beyond our knowledge.

I will appreciate if any gyanis of this group elaborate and clearly explain
this.

Sukumar

Sri Krishna Parabrahmane Namah!