Re: Share your thoughts on Sri Ramanuja's tirunakshatram: April 18

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 18, 2002

Sri:
SrimathE Ramanujay Namaha:
AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar thiruvadigalE Saranam
Appan thiruvadigalE Saranam

--- In bhakti-list@y..., Mani Varadarajan  wrote:

> Please write so that we may all appreciate and honor
> him together.

Dear Group

to follow up on Sri Mani's suggestion, I would like to say that, the
contribution that Sri Ramanuja made to the temple worship is one of
the important aspects of his overall contribution .

In particular, the effort Sri Ramanuja put into establishing the
temple workship and management of the four important temples for Sri
Vaishnavas is just impressive given the time period that he lived in.
The four temples are:

Srirangam
Thirumalai
Kanchi
Melkote (Thirunarayanapuram).

I would suggest all to read the book "Sri Ramanuja and his
contribution to Temple Worship" published by Motilal. It is one of
the comprehensive account of the SriRangam temple administration
(next to koyil olugu in tamil), giving details about each and every
aspect of the day to day administration.

In addition, the work also reveals the nuances of Sri Ramanuja's
dealings in Thirumala (given that the priests over there follow
Vaikanasa) and the establishment of what is now known as Keezh
thiruppathi and Sri Govindaraja Perumal temple.

the management and leadership qualities that Sri Ramanuja displays is
very impressive, based on the inscriptions of his contributions to
the development of the temples in Karnataka, such as Melkote, Belur
etc.

May be, if Sri Mani permits, I can post a summary of the Srirangam
temple management structure from the book.

AzhwAr EmperumAnAr Jeeyar thiruvadigalE Saranam

Adiyen
Venkatesh Elayavilli
http://www.srivaishnava.org