Re: http://swamydesikan.freeservers.com as groundwork to www.visishtadvaita.net is launced...

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 3, 2001

Dear Sri Hari:
I saw  your web site at
http://swamydesikan.freeservers.com. Wonderful work. My sincere greetings to you. While I appreciate your work, I would like to express my strong objection for using SriPerumbhudhur Swamy Emberumanar's picture with a Vadakalai Thirumann. I am not here to create a controversy. But we need to accept certain things as they are. The ethics I learnt as a photojournalist tells me this is nothing but cheating. Who gave us the authority to correct the true picture of Swamy Emberumanar? If we  want to use Swamy Emberumanar with a Vadakalai Thirumann, then use a hand drawing or a line drawing or a painting. Please do not use a real picture  which is digitally manipulated. It is true Swamy Emberuamnar is the Darsanacharyar for both Desika Sampradhayam as well as Thennacharya Sampradhayam. But we should respect the Thirumeni of Swamy Emberumanar which is there in  SriPerumbhudhur. I strongly request all the elders in these forums guide this younger generation. Let us not fight and try to change anything. Instead let us concentrate how to rejuvenate our wonderful Sampradhayam of Swamy Bhashayakarar. Again, I am not here to create a controversy as I myself belong to Sri Ahobila Mutt. But digitally manipulating Swamy Emberuamanar's Thirumeni is totally unacceptable. Long back (I think in 1993 or 1994) on the day of Swami Desikan's Thirunakshatram, Yatiraja Sapthadhi was released with this same picture. Proliferation of a mistake will not justify its existence. Let us unite and learn from our past mistakes. Let us unequivocally oppose anything that is wrong, whoever done that.
Thanking you,
Ramanuja Dasan Kannan