Re: Digest Number 290

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 3, 2001

)

>Message: 10
>   Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:57:43 -0000
>   From: "Bala Sundaram"
>Subject: Worship of Sri Renuka
>
>I would like to know whether there is any sastric support for the worship of
>Sri Renuka, wife of Sri Jamadagni Rishi and the mother of Lord Parasuram.

Srimad Venkata Lakshmana Yativaraya namah.
Sri Rukmini Sameta Parthasarathy swamine namah.

Dear Sriman Bala Sundaram,

I have read some SAktas claiming that rENukA is the incarnation of one vajra vairOchanI dEvI.

>>   Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 16:53:51 +0530
>   From: "M.G.Vasudevan"
>Subject: what a lovely baby- 2
>
>PS: Thanks to VMV for giving me an opportunity to enjoy my kaNNan once again
>with reference to Sri annamayyaa.

Dear Sriman Vasudevan swamin,

Thanks a lot for the beautiful commentary.

Lord Venkatesa is none other than child Krishna. There is a peacock feather hidden inside His crown. His ThirumaNN is not out of paccha karpUram as generally believed but out of butter only. Finally, His Sankha and Chakra are not real ones
but only ornaments adorning either end of His flute!

dasanudasan
vishnu