Re: thiruninravur

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 22, 2000

Thiruvengada jeeyar Thiruvadigale Saranam.

Dear Sri Kasturi,

Poonamallee is not a DD, but avatara sthalam of Thirukkacchinambigal. Lord Ranganatha of the temple is very very beautiful. presiding deity is Thirukkacchi nambigal with separate sannidhis for perumals and thayars. the temple is very deserted and maintenance is poor.

thirumazhisai is the avatara sthalam of Thirumalisai Alwar. Here there are two temples. One is jagannAtha Perumal Temple, in which we have Alwar's sannidhi.
To make it clear to the world that Alwar is an incarnation of Chakra, Chakra is installed behind Alwar juslike Seshan behind Manavala Mamunigal. this temple is a govt. temple and maintenance is very very poor. priest comes form Poonamallee, opens the temple
at around 9 AM.

There is one more temple in this village called VItthirundha PerumAL temple with Lord Sri Venkateswara
in vItthirundha Thirukkolam or sitting posture. This is a private temple and maintenance is excellent. this temple was constructed by one Srivaishnava called Ranga Iyer in the beginning of this century.

Thirumazhisai is also not a DD.

Thiruvallur is one of the 108 DDs. this is under the management of Srimad Ahobila matam. recently samproskshaNam was done under the direct supervision by His Holiness Alagiyasingar, Jeeyar swamigal of Ahobila mutt. Sriman Anand has written a very nice article 1-2 months ago in his reply to a query by Smt Smita Ajay. Temple maitenance is superb. Lord is known as veera raghavar but He is vishnu only in reclining posture. there is a separate sanndihi for rAmar.Thayar is kanakavalli Thayar.

interestingly, in temple of Bhadrachalam rAmar, where we have sItA piratti in the sanctum, we have a separate sannidhi for thayar where She is known as kankavalli.

Lord veeraraghava is a doctor justlike Lord Venkatesa of Tirumala, Narasimha of Sholingar, Guruvayurappan of Guruvayur, and hence is known as "vaidya veera rAghavar".

dasan
vishnu

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 23:12:13   Kasturi Varadarajan wrote:
>Sri Mahavishnu,
>    Thanks for the info about the geographic locations of thiruninravoor
>and also surrouunding temples. Are Poonamallee, thiruvallur, and thirumazhisai
>DDs? Or are they significant for other reasons (besides the fact that
>perumal is there)?
>
>thanks
>Kasturi

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct

Ignorance is the problem.  Be part of the solution.  Help
us to educate hundreds of thousands of monthly visitors by
joining the discussion at ENN.com.  Information is the tool
we use to better our world, share what you know.
http://click.egroups.com/1/2833/2/_/716111/_/956394318/