RE: An Advaita Point and its refutation

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 16, 2000

SrI:

SrI rAmAnujAya namaH

Dear Sri M.S.Hari,

Please accept my Namaskarams.

I would like to make some comments, with my limited knowledge.

Your argument is indeed correct, we should accept vedAs in totality, not
partially.
In this context, I would like to add some more argument for your friend.

Your friend says
	" he can get to know this using his sense organs itself "

But, ones senses are imperfect. They can't see the world as it is. They will
put you under the illusion. We can even know this from science, You cant see
and hear beyond some frequency range etc.,., . So my point is senses are
limited and the knowledge obtained thru senses will also be limited and
imperfect.
That's why vedAs, originated from Supreme Lord itself has been given to us ,
for following, there fore we should simply follow the vedAs for getting
perfect knowledge.

There are four ways one can get knowledge,
1.	Direct  perception ( as I mentioned above, senses are limited so
this process is false)
2.	Logical deduction ( this is also based on #1, so again this is also
false)
3.	Historical evidence ( this is based on both #1 & #2 )
4.	Sruti - sabda ( based on hearing from disciplic succession -
starting from LORD himself )

AdiYen dAsan,
Mahesh