Re: Rudram (was Re: NAMASKARAM TO ALL BHAGAVATAS)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 14, 2000

There should absolutely be no favoritism when it comes
to the Veda. (a) All devatas should be respected and not
shunned, and moreover (b) since the Parabrahman is the
antaryAmi and the actual purport of every Vedic description,
there should be no reason to not recite any section of
the Veda with thoughts only of the Parabrahman.

Murali wrote:
> Rudram was also recited.  There were no
> exceptions.  When I asked a ghana-pAti present there
> about this, he said that in the Rudram, every rudra
> padam has specific reference to Lord Lakshmi Nrsimha.

I have heard this many times but I find difficult to
accept.  I do not see a *direct* reference to Narasimha
in the Rudram.  In Sri Rudram, prayers are addressed
to "trilocana", "tripurAntaka", etc., all of which I
have never seen used to describe Narasimha, but each
of which are obvious references to the deity known as
Rudra.

If anyone has any clear evidence that Sri Rudram
refers *directly* to Narasimha, in ways that are
demonstrable to an impartial bystander, I would like
to see it.

adiyen
mani ramanuja dasan

High rates giving you headaches? The 0% APR Introductory Rate from
Capital One. 9.9% Fixed thereafter!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3010/2/_/716111/_/955736893/