New member of group

From the Bhakti List Archives

• July 22, 1994

Hi everyone,

I recently added a Dr. Venkat Rao to our mailing list. Here
are some words of introduction from him.

Mani

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: "Venkat V. Rao"
To: Mani Varadarajan
Subject: Re: Hello
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 21:26:15 -0500 (CDT)

Mani:

Yes! I  have started getting mail from the group. I am generally slow to
start on anything. I must get to know first the trends and views and
people before I add, comment, negate, confirm and do such things.

This brings the subject of introducing myself  to you all which I have
been waiting to do. I am 76, retired more than once from professionalism
and if anything, I am somewhat tired. The last job I had was teaching as
an adjunct faculty member of the Dept.of Electrical and Communication
Engineering at the University of Texas.

I lead a relatively low-profile life along with my wife who is 68. Four
children and 6 grand-children constitute my immediate family, all living
their own life in different places.

Vaishnavism is a special word for me and Ramanuja Ethiraj holds a special
place in my heart. Most of my younger days were spent at or close to
Srirangam and part of my family and friends still live there. In the past
thirty and odd years I had lived abroad, that is one Kshetra I had
visited in India far more times than any other place.

I am a student of Srivaishnavism and a serious one at that. Give me time
to think and say things sensible and if I must communicate, I shall do so.

I enjoy reading everything that comes to me on the subject. I have
special regard for Sudarshan Iyengar (siyengar@himalaya.sps.mot.com) of
Austin. I have learnt many things from my discussions with him. I am
hoping to do so with you all in the group.

My regards to everyone.

venkat rao